[coyotos-dev] New binutils, gcc, crtfiles, newlib

youshe youshe.jaalon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 03:39:31 CDT 2008

> > You aren't running the build process correctly. You need to apply the
> > patches.  Read the online page about how to build the tools yourself.
>
> I'm sorry. That wasn't very helpful, was it.

In fact, I haven't had time to work on it yet, I've planned to try this afternoon (it's 10am in france ;))

> You can find instructions for building your own cross environment at:
>
>   http://www.coyotos.org/docs/build/build.html#1.4

Yes, it's what I've followed

> These ought to work, but they haven't been tested recently. Also, I
> realized the other day that this approach does not build cross-gdb. I
> need to update it to do that, but not tonight. :-)
>
> As long as you are building for i386 from an i386 host, the native GDB
> will work fine. It's only an issue if you are cross-building for some
> other platform and you need a cross debugger.
>
> shap

I'll try without gdb, but I've not found patches to apply manualy as said before, maybe it's done automaticaly by make (I haven't looked to the Makefiles).
I have to work a bit with mercurial before playing with coyotos, so maybe I'll send my problems this evening.

Good night ;)

Fred