[coyotos-dev] Coyotos boot

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Mon Apr 7 23:18:11 EDT 2008

Scribit Jonathan S. Shapiro dies 07/04/2008 hora 22:19:
> If it is desired to implement a persistent system, it is the
> responsibility of some (unspecified) program in the mkimage to
> periodically call the snapshot interface and arrange for checkpoint
> drain. If this is not done, the system is non-persistent.

I suppose it is also this unspecified program that will tell the kernel
where to find the persistent objects and where to write checkpoints. Is
it supposed to be the space bank, in a typical configuration?

> So to implement a non-persistent system, the current design can be
> used directly.

Thanks, I think I see approximately how.

Quickly,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A