[coyotos-dev] Accept GCJ into the tool chain?

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Mon Nov 27 13:34:58 CST 2006

Okay, the Java option is dead.

On reflection, I realized that *all* of the statically compiled Java
solutions rely on conservative collection, and experience tells me that
conservative collection simply isn't adequate for long-running
applications. For short-running applications it works fine, but in that
case it works fine for C code as well.

What this means is that Java is no longer of any great interest for the
cross tools, and we can visit the issue of native Java support at a
later time.