[coyotos-dev] Some comments on Coyotos Microkernel Specification

Christopher Nelson paradox at BBHC.ORG
Mon Dec 5 17:24:10 EST 2005

> So in this context, we are merely using SHA-1 (or MD5) as a
> deterministic compression scheme.

That's what I thought, which is what I was trying to say.  I've done the
same thing with a less useful hashing algorim (adler32), to speed up a
windowing system I developed.  It turns out that it wasn't as sparse a
function as I had hoped, and the window system only needed deterministic
values per run, so an integer-to-string map worked better.  For what it
seems you are trying to do, hashing seems to me to be a good choice.

-={C}=-