[bitc-dev] Inner references, regions, and CLI

Ben Kloosterman bklooste at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:43:03 PDT 2011

May be worth looking at the C++ implantation  it's the only language ( and
C#) that allows some unsafe stuff. But I do know its very limited.

Does it generate safe CLI as output?

It has a mixed mode where it outputs some C code and links that in and
places it in the assembly ( I think  - have only used managed C++ a few
times) im not sure  if it places c code somehow in the assembly and links it
in or generates unsafe . Not sure you want to go that way but its an option

Here you explicitly manage your native code so the GC doesn't collect it
this is probably what you are most interested in.

tons more here