[bitc-dev] Inner references, regions, and CLI

Ben Kloosterman bklooste at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:43:03 PDT 2011

May be worth looking at the C++ implantation  it's the only language ( and
C#) that allows some unsafe stuff. But I do know its very limited.

Does it generate safe CLI as output?

It has a mixed mode where it outputs some C code and links that in and
places it in the assembly ( I think  - have only used managed C++ a few
times) im not sure  if it places c code somehow in the assembly and links it
in or generates unsafe . Not sure you want to go that way but its an option

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/85344whh.aspx

Here you explicitly manage your native code so the GC doesn't collect it
this is probably what you are most interested in.

tons more here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x0w2664k.aspx

Ben