[bitc-dev] String encoding, again

Ben Kloosterman bklooste at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:27:15 PDT 2011

Allows string to be programmer friendly  and Ustring for indexing
performance. Why define the views ? Some string implementations may not
support direct indexing ie only vs higher levels  or is GetUString8()  ,
GetUString16() or GetUString32() regarded as a view ?

Question why not define Ustring as a vector /array ? This makes it clear
that

String should wrap or at least support Ustring

The vector is used for interop

Ben