[bitc-dev] Restoring tuples

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Thu Nov 11 11:17:53 PST 2010

This isn't so much a query as an announcement: I've concluded that we should
restore the tuple type to the language. It went away when we introduced the
Pair type, and in hindsight, this was a mistake. The change won't happen
soon, but it's coming, and it raises a forward compatibility issue for
current code.

When you write types that should end up being tuples, use the convenience
syntax (a, b) rather than the pair syntax Pair(a,b). If you want the type to
stay a pair, then write the Pair(a,b) notation explicitly.