[bitc-dev] Issues in compiling/starting bitcc

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Wed Apr 7 03:27:23 PDT 2010

I just tried to compile and use the last BitC source code, and ran into
two issues:

First, ./configure checks for gc.h AND gc/gc.h, and on my system will
find only the latter, so I had to use the first attachment patch.

Second, with BitC in /usr/local/stow/bitc and stowed to /usr/local, I
tried to run it:

----------8<-------------------------------8<---------------------------
pierre at pape:~$ bitcc
bitcc: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
pierre at pape:~$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib bitcc
bitcc: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Although I did compile it on the same machine (without any change to the
code, just running make).

Laboriously,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org