[bitc-dev] Are type classes just abstract, generic classes?

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Thu Apr 1 10:55:39 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Raoul Duke <raould at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...just because things are
> already complicated and possibly confusing, that doesn't sound like a
> good argument to heap on more possibly confusing things....

I don't know. The strategy seems to have worked well for C++...

Seriously, there is a degree to which successful languages begin to
acrete complexity because it's a way for the user base to establish a
certain kind of exclusive club. Offhand, I cannot think of any widely
successful language that has not fallen into this trap.