[bitc-dev] Pools in lieu of GC

Swaroop Sridhar swaroop at cs.jhu.edu
Wed Mar 4 16:51:18 EST 2009

Rick R wrote:
> I would be happy to use BitC a feature limited mode. It would be nice if
> there were a "strict" compiler option that would warn me if I were to
> use a construct that required malloc.

There is a compiler option --no-alloc, which precludes dynamic
allocation. This mode rejects any expression that could cause run-time
allocation, including closure construction. The analysis is conservative
in the sense that all expressions that construct closures are rejected,
regardless of whether the closure escapes or not.

Swaroop.