[bitc-dev] BitC surface syntax

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Mon Aug 14 17:13:06 EDT 2006

Scribit Jonathan S. Shapiro dies 14/08/2006 hora 17:04:
> > So if BitC code won't be stored and manipulated as nested
> > singly-linked lists, maybe S-expressions are just useless[1].
> I don't have time to get into all of this right now, except to say
> that it was NEVER an option for BitC code to be stored purely as
> singly linked lists.

> The surface syntax notwithstanding, it was *always* the plan that any
> quasiliteral would get turned into an AST tree, where the AST
> structure was part of the BitC standard library.

Maybe I'm saying something obviously wrong, but aren't nested
singly-linked list the most compact way to represent a tree?

It is not mentioned in the online documentation, is there already a
specification of this AST structure? Or is it to be decided later?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A