[bitc-dev] RFC: interfaces

Constantine Plotnikov cap at isg.axmor.com
Sun Aug 28 07:41:43 EDT 2005

I hope that that the section will answer the following questions:
- What are different memory classes supported? (so far single heap and
per thread stack as I understand, but there might be other memory
classes like constant pool)
- When stack and heap memory are alloacted? (list of memory allocation
primitives possibly with just references to other sections of the
- When and how memory is deallocated? (spec seems to assume garbage
collector, but it is not spelled out explicitly)
- Any rules for referecing memory locations? For example, could value at
botton of stack refer to value at top of stack (with boundary cases like
- What is cannonical mapping from values to bytes?

Parts of this information is spreaded across the specification, other
seems to be assumed. I would like to see such information in one place.